On this week leading up to Transgender Day of Remembrance, we recognize that we have a long road ahead.
To cultivate safe spaces for trans communities now and in future generations, we as media makers can make a small but crucial imprint on the collective culture. By increasing transgender equity in film, media, and advertising, both in front of and behind the camera, we can help foster inclusion and leave trans violence and erasure in the past.
- Slay Model Management is a management company representing transgender fashion talent.
- The Authority Collective is a group of more than 200 womxn, non-binary, and gender-expansive people of color working in the photography, film, and VR/AR industries.
- The Photographer’s Guide to Inclusive Photography is a collection of first-hand accounts, insights, and learned lessons from industry leaders at Authority Collective.
- The San Francisco Transgender Film Festival (SFTFF) screens films that promote the visibility of transgender and gender variant people and challenge the mainstream media’s negative stereotypes.
- Transgender Talent is a talent management and production company for transgender performers and artists.
- Allies in Arts is a non-profit that supports women, BIPOC, and LGBTQQIA2S artists.
- The Ring of Keys Consultancy Directory is a resource for producers, casting directors, and theatremakers who are in need of a Gender Consultant or Queer Consultant for their theatrical projects.