Stocksy United is on the hunt for an Accountant who understands accounting principles in e-commerce like the back of their hand. We’re looking for a seriously talented, tech-savvy individual who strives to provide fair credit practices and collection regulations while utilizing their strong analytical and problem solving skills. Our ideal candidate is always thinking outside of the box, and finding new ways Finance can break the mould and revolutionize the industry.
You’re highly organized, detail-oriented and possess the ability to effectively work both independently or in a team setting. You’re an accounting whiz who displays excellent verbal and written communication. You demonstrate a strong work ethic and persevere with confidence to work through challenges in order to get the job done.
- Daily sales control document and entry of sales into accounting program on a daily basis
- Client deposits control document and entry of transactions in accordance to established procedures
- Maintain membership control document, creation of new accounts and processing new membership transactions
- New accounts creation & updating of QuickBooks profiles
- Importing bulk transactions into Quickbooks with accuracy using a third party importing tool
- Processing incoming client payments thru multiple payment methods ie. cheques, wire transfers and online transactions following established protocols
- Monitoring and reporting of account receivable aging for further actions
- Daily processing of incoming mail & email, addressing or routing actionable items to the appropriate team member
- Daily scanning and filing of documents into corporate drive
- Client account auditing and reconciliation
- Any other tasks or finance requirements as assigned
- Post secondary education in accounting or finance fields, ideally pursuing CPA designation
- Three or more years’ experience with Bookkeeping and General Accounting in a variety of industries
- Previous experience or solid understanding of the unique business requirements associated with a nonprofit or cooperative preferred
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks, Gmail and Google Drive
- Experience with Ecommerce and payment processing reconciliation is highly desirable
- High level of accountability and ownership of duties
- The ability to see large complex projects or tasks through to completion
- Highly functioning organizational skills
- Ability to investigate and report on issues or anomalies in a concise,factual manner
- Willingness to engage in independent learning and self-education in order to be the best team member you can be
- High level of proficiency with online applications and data retrieval
- Fluency in a second language is beneficial
To apply for this full time position please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should include a brief summary (200 words or less) demonstrating why you’ll be a kick-ass addition to our team!
We thank you for your interest but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.