The Director of Finance is responsible for the development, oversight, implementation, and evaluation of Stocksy’s financial strategy. Through executive leadership and oversight of Stocksy’s finance operations, this role brings a strategic perspective to all finance functions, and monitors, analyzes, and adapts finance activity against Co-op goals.
By working collaboratively with Legal, Sales, and CEO/Sr Leadership teams, the Director of Finance drives financial efficiency, stability, and scalability through financial analysis and reporting, continual improvements to systems and processes, and a strong understanding of external and internal financial risks and opportunities.
- A driven leader who exudes passion, industry expertise, and outstanding leadership
- Self-motivated, passionate, and eager to contribute to the growth of our cooperative
- Incredibly organized and keen to work in a deadline-driven and constantly evolving work environment
- Finance designation (CPA, CA, CFA, etc.)
- 6+ years of progressive senior leadership experience in finance (ideally from a creative, media, agency, or related environment)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in finance, commerce, or related field, or combined relevant experience
- Expert knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping standards and procedures
- Strong familiarity with provincial and federal legislation relating to employment and labor standards, tax law, foreign currency, Canada Revenue Agency requirements, and other relevant domestic and international financial legislation, best practices, and guidelines
- Experience with financial audits in small and medium-sized businesses
- Very comfortable with MS Excel and other financial tools (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions)
- Familiarity with accounting software and payment gateways (e.g. Quickbooks, Paypal, Payoneer etc.)
- Experience developing, implementing, executing, and assessing financial workflows and controls in a small or medium-sized business
- Experience mentoring, developing, and leading finance teams and cross-functional groups with proven success
- An analytical mindset with experience establishing KPIs and recommendations based on quantitative information
- Experience working in a variety of markets internationally and customizing finance approaches to meet international standards/guidelines
- Flexible and adaptable to rapidly changing business conditions and priorities
- Experience leading and working with international and remote teams in a collaborative, Agile environment
- Develop, manage, evaluate, and adjust Stocksy’s financial strategy and related processes
- Mentor, engage, and oversee duties of the finance team
- Establish, oversee, and report on financial KPIs
- Coordinate activities for financial audits and other governance/regulatory requirements
- Develop annual budgets and related reforecasts in collaboration with key stakeholders in support of Co-op objectives
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders including CEO, Board, Sales, Legal, and Senior Leadership on cross-functional initiatives
- Cash flow planning and monitoring, including foreign exchange rates.
Oversee regulatory reporting, including tax planning and compliance following accounting best practices and standards (IFRS, GAAP etc.)
- Clearly communicate financial information, risks/liabilities, and recommendations to key stakeholders to facilitate informed financial decision-making that supports our core purpose
- Evaluate the effectiveness of accounting software, systems, and tools to support stability and scalability
- Oversee all financial controls. Evaluate and implement improvement to delineations, workflows, and controls using finance best practices
- Coordinate preparation and review of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports
- Analyze Stocksy's financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs, and compliance with budgets
- Integrate values of transparency into all financial processes and decision-making through clear and direct communication and reporting
Stocksy supports a global membership of employees, contractors, clients, and contributors from all walks of life. We find strength in what makes us different. We are committed to building a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment where every one of our team members can thrive.
We are actively seeking any individual who may have taken a road less traveled to get to where they are now. Experience and education comes in many forms; so long as you are excited about this posting and convinced you could be your best self at Stocksy, then we want to hear all about you!