Each year Stocksy accepts a maximum of 500 photographers to join the Stocksy co-operative. We moderate the amount of members to ensure sustainable incomes. We have now reached our limit for 2013 and have closed our Call To Artists. Please check back in April 2014 if you are interested in becoming a Stocksy Photographer.
During this time we will be updating our submission process, to improve wait times and communication between our Editors and potential applicants.
What we’re looking for
Due to the limited amount of spots available in our membership, we’re looking for photographers who stand out in a crowd. Here are some tips on choosing which images to share with us in April 2014:
- Do create a curated selection of work that reflects consistent quality, tone and what you’ll be uploading as a member.
- Include as many images as possible, to reflect your experience and trust.
- We are not looking for “stocky” images, portfolios predominantly filled with isolated objects or people on white backgrounds will likely not be accepted.
- Stocksy photographers are inspired and passionate shooters, we value VSCO and Instagram feeds that reflect this.
- We’re more interested in modern work and originality than a professional background in the royalty-free market.
- We love photographers that have an area of specialization or expertise.